24 May 2008

Bio Hazard

Bring on the OCD. For the next 30 days I can spread an incurable disease if I'm not careful. How fun! I have to sleep by myself, shower in a different bathroom, wash my clothes separately in hot water and wash my hands obsessively.

I can't touch any babies or people with compromised immune systems. I have to wear long sleeves (so glad summer is arriving) and make sure the dogs don't lick my arm.

1 in 175 people who get the vaccine develop a serious heart condition. Great, now I'm going to be nervous for 30 days and my heart will be racing. Which, coincidentally, is one symptom of this adverse reaction.

The scab that will eventually cover the pus-filled blister can carry the live virus for up to 6 years after it falls off. So basically I have to set up a bio hazard containment center in my separate bathroom for disposal of all bandages and scabs. Fun for the whole family!

All this for a virus that has been eradicated but is still in the possession of the US, Russia and anyone who bought or stole it from one of those two countries. Well, it's a good thing neither the US or Russia has ever sold, leaked or lost anything dangerous to society. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment