08 November 2010

Radio A-B-Cs

The radio here gets AFN (American Forces Network), BFBS (British Forces Broadcast Service), CFN (Canadian Forces Network) and, of course, lots of Dutch stations. I alternate between them depending on what they're playing.

AFN teases me and plays the intro to NPR's Morning Edition before switching to ESPN radio for, what seems like, hours. I did get to hear Prairie Home Companion yesterday while I was out looking at a house. BFBS plays some song (at least, I think it's supposed to be a song) pretty frequently that repeats, “Barbara Streisand,” over and over. It's interesting to hear the same world news story from multiple perspectives. The Canadian station has news in French sometimes. I haven't learned French. Yet. Perhaps if I keep listening to CFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment