15 May 2012

Step 4: Don't Throw Up

 I can proudly say, "Yes, I am!"


Our entire team successfully completed the Tough Mudder!!  

12 miles...28 obstacles (28 "official" obstacles...there were lots of "natural" obstacles along the way as well)...no serious injuries.  Quite a successful day out :)

These were the instructions given for the event:

Step 1) Bring Your Signed Death Waiver

Step 2) Pick up Your Participant Packet

Step 3) Get your Face Marked

Step 4) Don’t Throw Up


All went perfectly until I got back home Sunday evening.  As soon as I got in my door the waves of nausea washed over me.  I spent the night emptying my digestive system.  Was it an electrolyte imbalance as a result of 4 hours of grueling activity involving almost no food or water?  Possibly.  Was it something I ate on the trip home? Possibly.  Was it the manure-and-who-knows-what-filled water that thousands of participants made their way through that I inadvertently swallowed several times?  Possibly...probably.

So I spent yesterday sleeping off the night of purging.  Tomorrow I pick up the rental van and make my way back to Brussels to pick up the family Thursday morning.  I promise I'll post pictures from the event as soon as I have time.  Of course, I'll also post pictures of the family visit.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing with no serious injuries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your comment on my Tough Mudder post. Congratulations, I know how hard it is, but so rewarding as well!

    ReplyDelete