05 April 2015

the. book. chat {What Are You Reading}

The Book Chat, over at The Tangerine, is back!  This week's topic is, "What Are You Reading."

I'm currently reading Bury Me Standing, The Gypsies and Their Journey by Isabel Fonseca.




Isabel Fonseca spent time among several gypsy communities. So far I've only read about the first group but I'm finding it very interesting.  Gypsies have been persecuted and misunderstood throughout history.  Much of the misunderstanding probably comes from the fact that they rarely let outsiders in and even when they do they closely guard many of the truths about themselves.

I've yet to figure out the meaning of the title of the book and I look forward to reading more and, hopefully, finding that answer.

What are you reading?






 

 

4 comments:

  1. Right now, I'm reading Innovators by Walter Isaacson out loud to Inspector Climate – it's not something I'd normally choose for myself, but I'm really enjoying it. It is fascinating how ideas come into being!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you read aloud! I think that's so cool!

      Delete
  2. This sounds so interesting and I am glad to hear the Book Chat is book! I am currently reading Nefertiti by Michelle Moran.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is back and I am very happy about that!

      Delete