08 May 2016

Skagit Tulip Festival - Sundays in My City

Feels like I just got back from vacation (it was a one-week vacation but still great to get away). Now I'm leaving again in less than a week. Where am I going?

***ANYONE INTERESTED IN GUEST-POSTING WHILE I'M AWAY FOR A FEW WEEKS PLEASE EMAIL ME dorothyfarfromkansas@gmail.com***

In the mean time, a little glimpse of the trip I just took.  When you've been to the Keukenhof and ridden a bike through the Dutch tulip fields it's hard to imagine anything can ever compare. 

I won't say the last remaining garden at the Skagit Tulip Festival (when we got there everything was already topped (meaning they'd plucked the blooms off the stems) except this last garden and they were working on it) was a rival to the Keukenhof but it was a nice stop on the way from Vancouver back to Seattle. There was plenty to be seen and it was deceptive in size...looking quite small at first but ending up much bigger than it looks.



























Of course, I took hundreds of pictures...one just can't help trying to capture all the colors and different shapes and sizes.

Is there a tulip festival near you?  Have you been to one?  Do you have a favorite color tulip?

Linking up with Unknown Mami for her always-eventful Sundays in My City.  Check it out!

Unknown Mami
 
****ANYONE INTERESTED IN GUEST POSTING WHILE I'M AWAY FOR A FEW WEEKS PLEASE EMAIL ME dorothyfarfromkansas@gmail.com****

1 comment:

  1. Stunning, I love all the colors and the regimented rows

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete